` SUNY RF - Benefits

Elder Care

Note: This information applies only to regular employees. If you are a graduate student, refer to the Graduate Student Elder Care Web page. 

In the event that you are faced with elder care for an aging parent, there are many options and benefits you may want to consider.

You may be eligible for Family and Medical Leave (FMLA). Please refer to the Benefits Handbook or Postdoctoral Employee Benefits Handbook and the Family Medical Leave (FMLA) Web pages for additional information. 

Flexible Spending Accounts

Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts are excellent means of setting aside pretax dollars to help pay for qualified dependent care expenses.

For information, please refer to the Benefits Handbook and the Dependent Care section of the Flexible Spending Accounts Web page. Enroll by logging on to Self Service. If you are unable enroll via Self Service, complete the Flexible Spending Account Plan Enrollment Form available on the RF Benefits Website, or from your campus Benefits Office. 


A change in family status may lead to a change in federal and/or state withholding exemptions.  Contact your Payroll Department to change your withholding exemptions.